At 6430 feet above sea level, nestled atop the White Mountains of Arizona, the Double C Bar Ranch offers a unique vacation opportunity. A working horse and cattle ranch, surrounded on all sides by high desert and the peaks of the White Mountains, you have a "top of the world" setting. The well appointed but casual style of the Main House provides a relaxing, secluded atmosphere for up to 12 guests. You have your choice of 7 comfortably furnished guest rooms each with private bath, television and personal work space with high speed Internet access.
Designed to serve as the central gathering place, the Great Room features a fully stocked bar and refreshment center, the main dining table, a uniquely comfortable seating area, and panoramic views of the Arizona landscape. The Great Room opens out onto an expansive covered deck and flagstone patio for those who prefer to gather in an outdoor setting.
- Walking the grounds and enjoying the working horse and cattle ranch and seeing ranch hands put the "cutting horses" through their paces.
- Guided trail rides and instruction for beginners.
- Although it is not required, many guests enjoy doing the ranch chores and learning day to day living on a working ranch.
- The private, Silver Creek Golf Club, is a few miles from the ranch and arrangements can be made for the guests to use.
- The Petrified Forest and Painted Desert are just 30 minutes from the ranch.
- The Grand Canyon is only 2 1/2 hours away.
- The Sunrise Ski Resort is 45 minutes away.